Nowadays, a new trend to spice up holidays and vacations is stealing more and more people’s attention. It is cruising. Once thought to be exclusive for the socialites only, this interesting activity has opened its doors to everyone with the cheap cruise packages made available to the public. Anyone can now experience the exemplary opportunities promised by cruising.
The Royal Caribbean International has always been the pioneer of cruising innovations. For the past decade, the company has devoted itself to transforming the industry, highlighting modernity with its out-of-the-box ideas, to provide the passengers with better and bigger opportunities to create wonderful memories. Additions on facilities include rock climbing, ice skating, boxing, surfing on deck, and more. How can anyone be not impressed?
With all these amenities, it can be easily concluded that Royal Caribbean boasts of really huge ships; and among the roster of renowned vessels it operates, the Mariner of the Seas is one of the most popular choices.
Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas – The Largest Ship in Asia
Source: Cruise International
Here are the reasons why:
- A definite pride of the cruising industry, the Mariner of the Seas is hailed as one of the most activity-rich vessels of all. It gives off the impression of a city rather than an actual cruise ship that voyages through the Caribbean Sea.
- Variety, comfort and design fuse perfectly with luxury, creating a spectacular and elegant environment for its passengers.
- The ship can carry a total of 3,114 guests at double occupancy. There is more than a thousand staterooms available, majority of it offering majestic ocean views from its private verandas.
- Each room is appointed and furnished with good facilities including internet ports, mini-refrigerator, safes, televisions, and more. There is a private bathroom for every room, although a little cramped.
- For those who can afford, the ship features a penthouse suite, owners’ suites, and Royal Family suites.
- Some cabins are accessible by wheelchair so people with disabilities are given more ease in going to their rooms.
- The cruise ship boasts of a three-level dining room designed with a European theme. Each level is linked by a grand staircase in the center. Adding to the sophistication is an elegant chandelier hanging overhead, and performances from pianists.
*Other on-board dining and cocktail venues include the following:
o Portofino Restaurant (Italian)
o Island Grill (Buffet)
o Windjammer (Buffet)
o Johnny Rockets (a 1950’s inspired bistro serving snacks)
o Vintages Wine Bar
o Viking Crown
o 19th Hole Bar
o Schooner Bar
*Other key facilities are as follows:
o Two-level gym
o Whirlpool and deck pools
o Full-size ice-skating rink
o 9-hole golf course
o Courts for basketball, paddleball, and volleyball
o Rock-climbing walls
o Florist shops
o Library/computer room
o Kids’ playroom
o Card room
- To further emphasize the feel of being a city within a ship, the Mariner also has the Royal Promenade, a boulevard-like stretch of bars, shops and entertainment hubs.
Judging from the facilities and features enumerated above, it is easy to say that the Mariner of the Seas is a splendid justification why the Royal Caribbean is hailed as one of the most renowned cruise line companies nowadays. The luxury it present may evoke the thought that it is not affordable; but that’s exactly what the Royal Caribbean promotions are all about, right? Go check out the deals and book now.